Contractor Websites — Contractor Marketing — SEO for Contractors
We specialize in contractor marketing on the Internet and building contractor websites. Most contractors say that their biggest problem is getting a steady stream of customer calls and those much needed contractor leads. In today’s world, this requires Internet Marketing — getting customers to your contractor website and getting them to call. This may not be as true if you’re in a small town. But in urban areas, your competitors are increasingly moving onto the Internet and searching for websites for contractors because that’s where the action is. The most recent survey available (July 2008) found that nationwide, only 30% of customers relied on Yellow Pages to find contractors, whereas 60% relied on the Internet to locate electricians, plumbers, HVAC, and other kinds of contractors. This statistic in favor of Internet marketing for contractors has only become more lopsided in recent years.
HappyContractor was started by Kim Hopkins, who owns an electrical contracting company in Los Angeles that wanted more customers. In 1996, Kim went onto the Internet to find customers. He had started by looking for a company that specialized in Internet marketing for contractors. At the time, the Internet was only a few years old and no such companies existed. So, he built his own contractor website. Since then, he’s been on a mission to learn everything there is to know about contractor marketing on the Internet — both Pay-Per-Click and Search Engine Optimization. And it’s worked — the website of The Electric Connection usually ranks Number 1 on the search engines (just below the three Pay-Per-Click ads at the top of the page). The company is now a 25-person electrical contracting company.
Contractor marketing on the Internet requires the knowledge and skills of two fields — contracting and Internet marketing. There are a number of companies out there that offer to build websites for contractors, manage AdWords campaigns, or do SEO for contractors. However, do they know what customers look for in a contractor website? Do they know the customer “Go Buttons” that should appear on websites for contractors? Do they know how SEO for contractors differs from that of other small businesses? The staff at HappyContractor does. They made the website of The Electric Connection Number 1 in Los Angeles and then went on to do the same for contractors across the country. Our clients in the Number 1 spot for their locality include plumbers, HVAC contractors, electricians, and general contractors.
Websites for Contractors
Check out the HappyContractor sample websites for contractors in your trade. Our contractor websites include a number of informative articles. This is helpful to customers, but also is important to boost a website’s rankings on search engines. Search engines like Google rank websites, in part, on whether they provide useful information. This is in their interest, as the more useful information they provide to searchers, the more people will use the search engine.
Getting your website to the top of the search engines is the key to customers being able to find it and getting more contractor leads. But once customers find your website, will they call? Our staff at HappyContractor design customer appeal and customer hot buttons into your contractor website so that your customers will call. Our first website, for The Electric Connection in Los Angeles, is the major source of new customer calls for the company. It generates over $500,000 a year in new electrical business. You can check customer reviews for how our websites work for plumbers, HVAC contractors, electricians, and general contractors across the country.
Call HappyContractor at 800-990-5811
If you would like to find out more about whether Internet marketing will work for your contracting company, please give us a call. If you have a website already, we’ll be happy to give you a free evaluation as to how it could generate more customer calls. If you are already doing Pay-Per-Click, we can give you a free evaluation of that as well. If you’re new to Internet marketing for contractors, that’s fine, too. Call 800-990-5811 between 8-5 Pacific Time. We can tell you all about how to get contractor leads by using SEO for contractors. We look forward to talking with you.
Kim Hopkins, CEO
Here's our most recent Contractor Blog post:
It might not seem obvious to you, but social media holds powerful marketing potential for the savvy contractor. We’ve put together a quick guide for how you can use social media to get the word out about your business. Here are some tips:
- Establish Your Presence - One of the rules for using social media is to update it regularly. It doesn’t have to be very day. Maybe three times a week. When you do, make sure to choose high traffic times like Sunday evening or at the start of the work day for your post to go live. You can schedule a time for your post to go live.
- Make Your Social Media Fun and Consistent - We know you’re all about business and customer satisfaction. That doesn’t mean we want to read about it on Twitter. Try to find fun videos and articles related to your field that people will enjoy. And keep your brand consistent. Try to put the same kinds of things up every day.
- Leverage Your Customers - You can get your existing customers to spread your good word for you by offering them discounts for sharing you through their social media. You can also entice new customers by offering special deals that are only available to your social media contacts.
- Don’t Put Your Eggs in One Basket - When it comes down to it, social media might be a great way to spread the word about your business, but it’s a poor way to generate sales. Customer conversion from social media is usually less than 2 percent of your followers. Make social media a fun part of a larger marketing plan.
An important addition to your contractor marketing with social media is SEO content on your company blog to attract customers from search engines, which is where Happy Contractor enter the picture. We have a strong track record of helping customers find contractor websites and motivating them towards sales. Give us a call so we can help you expand your online contractor marketing efforts.
Contractors all over the country are discovering just how powerful online contractor marketing is for increasing their business. The Internet is no longer reserved for e-commerce. As you create an online marketing campaign, we recommend that you include the following elements on your website.
- Contact Information - This should be one of the first things people see on your website. Place it “above the fold,” meaning readers shouldn’t have to scroll down to search for your information. Most people don’t look below the fold, so you can increase revenue by making your contact information easy to find.
- Call to Action - Though you have your information where people can see it, they don’t always act with that information. If you tell them how and why they should use the information you give them, you’ll see more business.
- Engaging Content - Customers call you because you’re the expert and can do things that they’re not prepared to do. That gives you a position of authority in your field. People look to you as an expert, so demonstrate that expert knowledge. Explain things that people want to know, that will benefit them. When it comes time to call a plumber, they remember that you are sharing your knowledge and educating the public.
- SEO Keywords - If customers can’t find you on the Internet, they can’t take advantage of your content or get your contact information, or even act on your call to action. SEO keywords are the way that Google and other search engines find your site. If you’re an HVAC expert, you need to have enough mentions of “HVAC” so that Google finds you when a customer is looking for your services.
Happy Contractor takes all these practices and puts them in action for you. We understand the ins and outs of Internet marketing like you understand the intricacies of contracting. We’re here to help you build your online presence and your business.
Online marketing, including contractor marketing, is a relatively new medium and is rapidly evolving on a daily basis. Staying on top of the latest developments in the field is a difficult task. However, best practices are now well honed. It’s important to get familiar with them and learn to not make the following mistakes.
- Assuming you know more than the customer. You are an expert in your field, and when it comes down to it, customers are coming to you for your knowledge and excellent service. You probably know more than the average customer about your contracting specialty, but the customer is still an expert in the field of being a customer. Keep an open ear and take suggestions and critiques from customers every step of the way. They are the ones providing you with the best information to advance your marketing strategy and your business. Listen to them.
- Being Inaccessible. You have email, cell phone, and are constantly interfacing with customers. But that doesn’t make you accessible. Talk to the level of understanding that your customers have. Cut down on the technical lingo of your field and explain things in a way average people understand. All your marketing material should be digestible and brief so that customers understand and don’t lose interest before they finish reading.
- Being Boring. You might really care about advances in hardwood laminate flooring or fancy new invoicing systems. Customers only share this appreciation if it translates to value for them. Keep your marketing material customer-centric and save the contractor shop talk for another time.
These mistakes are easily avoided with this simple advice: talk, write, and market like a human being. Be conversational. Be informative. Don’t waste customer time. At Happy Contractor, we know exactly how to relate to customers with straight-forward marketing strategies that convert Internet hits to customers. See how we can help reach new customers today.
Get More Customers with Internet Marketing
If you're a contractor looking to attract more and better customers to your company, you've come to the right place. At HappyContractor we focus on exactly one thing - getting your contractor website to the top of the first page of all the major Internet search engines, including Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
90% of all Internet searches never get past the first page. 63% of all clicks go to the top three listings on page 1."
We've been doing Internet marketing for contractors since 1996. While the details of successful Internet marketing can be complicated, the basics can be summed up in one simple rule: If you want more customers from the Internet, your website must be listed at the top of the first page of the search engines.
Our mission at HappyContractor is to get your website onto the first page of every major search engine, and then to do whatever it takes to move your website up to the top of the first page.
Internet Marketing by Contractors for Contractors
At HappyContractor we specialize in Internet marketing for CONTRACTORS. Not veterinarians, jewelry stores, real estate agents, or flower shops. There are plenty of SEO companies out there who will take on all different kinds of clients, but we focus solely on contractors. Why? Because we know contracting and contractors.
In addition to our Internet marketing company, we've also been running our own 25 person contracting company in Los Angeles for over 30 years. We know the psychology of customers who are looking for contractors. We know the kind of marketing they respond to, what kinds of websites appeal to them, and what their "Go Buttons" are. In 2010 our own contractor website generated over $600,000 in business from new customers.
Our Money-Back Guarantee
Every contractor who we take on as a client will get onto the first page of Google, Yahoo, and Bing. We guarantee it. Click here to see our Guarantee.
Call to 800-990-5811 to Discuss Internet Marketing for Your Company
If you're a contractor, and you're serious about getting more customers and expanding your business, contact us by e-mail or phone, 8-5, Pacific Time at 800-990-5811. We'll be happy to discuss Internet marketing for your company and answer any questions you may have.
Mike Turner & Son Construction
You got my website onto page 1 in less than a month. Thanks! I went from no customers to being booked solid for the next three months.
With another SEO company, we could only get on the third page of Google. With Happy Contractor we're #1 on page 1 of Google for all three cities we requested.
Heating and Air
FG Heating and Air
90% of my business comes from your website and Internet marketing. Your service is really invaluable to my company.
B & R Plumbing & Drain Cleaning
It's been just five weeks since you re-designed and did SEO for our company website. We're already on the first page of Google!