Anybody familiar with the online marketing of the past would be surprised to look at the present day marketing trend of marketing content. What’s the big deal with content?
Content is just Internet jargon for information, but not all information is content. Content includes blogging, which is a big part of what we do at Happy Contractor. There are other ways to market with content. Here are some other ideas:
- Audio – Creating a podcast is an excellent way to address the questions of your readers in a different format that is a little more fun than the standard blog post. Podcasts don’t have to be a big production, and when you’re done with them, you can use some of the dialog and information from them for new blog posts.
- Video – Some concepts are much easier to communicate with images and audio. Short, catchy videos that explain how you do what you do can bring in a lot of traffic. Informative or moving videos are very effective and it never hurts to inject a little humor into the process.
- Infographics – Any time you generate a lot of information, you can sum it all up quite nicely with an infographic, a format that packs a lot of data with an appealing visual to convey information in a way that is easy to digest and memorable.
- Articles for Other Publications – Show your authority by getting your voice published on other blogs, magazines, or newspapers.
- Press Releases – When you have something newsworthy to share with the world, send out a press release to make it known.
Why use content?
Content shows the world your authoritative knowledge of your particular subject. Readers can also find the answers they need from you, making them much more likely to return for your services. Once they see how effective your advice and knowledge is, they start to trust you and when they approach a project or emergency they can’t handle, you know they’ll be calling somebody they trust.
At Happy Contractor, we have all the tools to help you build a successful and comprehensive online contractor marketing campaign that includes content just like this. Call us today to see the difference our marketing services can make for your business.